With the 1811 release, it is possible to display free floating items in the user learning plan, based on the required date of it and the threshold period setup (learningPlanRequiredItemsDisplayThreshold).
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
There is a setting that controls the visibility of items assigned via Curricula (learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold) but this does not apply to free floating items. The new setting must apply to all items.
The admin can configure the learning plan display threshold for all items assignments. The threshold is in days and the system will only display items with required dates within the threshold period. This setting does not make the Item not visible once it reaches or surpasses the Required date. The minimum value that can be set is 90 and the maximum is 10000. It has to be greater than the "learningPlanQualItemsAndRequirementsDisplayThreshold" setting. To disable the configuration, set it to blank. Learning plan items with required dates that are beyond the threshold will be hidden in the user side and also in the:
- Learning Plan Tile on the Home page.
- Self-Assigned Tile on the Home page.
- To-Do tile on the Platform / BizX Home page.
- Learning Plan API results.
- Mobile App.
- Supervisor view of the User’s Learning Plan.
To find the setting in the LMS admin side, click on:
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > USER LEARNING PLAN >
- Search for "learningPlanRequiredItemsDisplayThreshold" > Set the desired amount of days > Apply Changes.
Meanwhile, you should also make sure the 'Due Later' section has been enabled in your instance. The configuration point involved here is through:
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > USER LEARNING PLAN
# Due more than a month from now
learningPlanRequiredItemsDisplayThreshold, learning, plan, item, visibility, threshold, show, user, timeline.buckets.later.expanded , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , Problem