- I'm unable to sync either User and Background Data in Provisioning;
- I'm not able to sync data artifacts;
- Why can I sync only settings artifacts, but not data artifacts?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go through Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select the permission that gives access to this user and edit it;
- Under Manage Instance Synchronization > Check either Sync User Data and Sync Background Data;
- Go to the source instance and try to run a sync;
- Still, user isn't able to see these data artifacts in Instance Sync Wizard.
By default, data artifacts are disabled for all instances, hence, they won't appear in the Wizard.
Only configuration artifacts are able to be setup in Provisioning > Instance Synchronization Company Permissions.
Please raise a support case under the component LOD-SF-PLT-SYN to request enabling data artifact sync in either source and target.
Within your request, the below information should be included, of the both environments.
- Company ID;
- Environment (production or preview - if you are unclear about the environment, please provide the login URL) ;
- Plus your written approval in the incident for our operations team to execute ant script to enable the artifacts.
Support will then take above information and raise an internal ticket to request enabling the artifacts on your behalf.
Once this is enabled by running an ant script, data artifact section will appear in Instance Synchronization Company Permissions in provisioning.
After checking the data artifacts you want to sync in provisioning, with necessary instance sync permission(s) (Sync User Data, Sync Background Data...), admins will be able to see data artifact options become available in Instance Synchronization Wizard.
Instance Sync, Instance Synchronization, data artifacts, enable data sync, enable user data artifacts , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , How To