The customer information note from the sales order and outbound delivery is not copied correctly to the customer invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In your scenario you are creating multiple sales orders (e. g. sales order ABC and DEF) which are combined into a single outbound delivery (e. g. XYZ).
- The outbound delivery is then split into multiple (in this case 2 ) separate invoices (e. g. GHI and JKL) based on the original sales orders.
- You are creating multiple invoices (in this case 2) for the delivery based on the reference sales order.
- The issue occurs while copying the Customer Information Notes from the sales orders to the invoice. However it is copied correctly to the outbound delivery.
ABC & DEF represents the IDs of the sales order.
XYZ represents the ID of the outbound delivery.
GHI & JKL represents the IDs of the customer invoice.
Follow the steps below to reproduce the issue for customer invoice:
- Go to Customer invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search for the invoice GHI and JKL.
- Edit both invoices and select the View All tab.
- Go to the General tab of both invoices.
- You could see the Customer Information for both invoices is same which is not what you would expect.
Both the invoice should display the customer information based on the referenced sales order.
Only the user interface of the outbound delivery has the possibility of storing multiple texts coming from the same text type, the customer invoice interface is not designed with the same capability.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , Problem