Objective/Goal fields are blank in Advanced Reporting
- The objective fields are showing data in the report only for few users
- Most of the users do not have objectives showing up in Advanced Reporting
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Advanced Reporting
- Create a report using Employment > Global Job Information
- Select some fields e.g. User Sys Id
- Expand the Global Job Information table to the right side
- Select the Objective table
- Drag and drop some fields e.g. Objective ID
- Run the report
- Check that most of the employees have no objective Ids
The users with blank objectives in the report have Private goals.
In Advanced Reporting the permission comes directly from the BizX instance i.e. if the logged in user can see the users goals in the system, he will see in the report.
For example, an Admin user cannot see the goals of an employee in the system, because they are Private goals. Therefore, he will not see the goals in Advanced Reporting. This is a permission set up in the XML of the goal plan in the section <permission for="private-access">, which can be configured to allow only specific roles (e.g. Employee, Employee Manager) to see private goals. Refer 2087940 - Explanation of User Roles (E, EM, EMM, EX etc.) and How Roles are Used in Forms & Routing Maps and all Modules - BizX Platform
This is an expected behavior in reporting due to a configuration in the XML of the goal plan. In this case, the only goals that the admin user can see in Advanced Reporting are the Public goals (Visibility code = 0).
Objective goal fields are blank empty in Advanced Reporting no data report missing employee , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-GM , Goal Management , How To