- In the Migration of Material BOM (FILE2S4) , the template for BOM Creation is missing the "Valid From" and "Valid To" fields.
- In the Material BOM Migration object under "Migrate Your Data" , the Valid from date and Change number field are shown at Header level but not Item Level
• Bill of Materials
• SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Fiori Lauchpad
- Open the App "Manage Your Solution"
- Click on "Migrate Your Data"
- Hightlight line for Migration Project BOM Create or create a New Project for BOM Create
- Highlight line for Material BOM
- Press Open Button
- Click on the Download Template button
- The Template document is missing Valid from and Valid to at Item level
The migration of BOM in the S/4HANA System is intended to create a BOM. In case there is an associated Engineering Change Number, the creation will proceed with it.
This means that we are only looking for creation scenarios and not maintenance data, i.e. we will not be considering data which has changed over time via multiple Engineering Change Numbers (header or item) and therefore have multiple instance existence in the source system.
All maintenance after a first time creation will only happen from S/4 systems.
This also means "valid from and valid to" will be set to the item according to header validity and only one instance of the item will be migrated as per the header validity .
Hence these fields are opened for header and not for items.
"Migration Cockpit" , KBA , PLM-FIO-BOM , Fiori UI for Material BOM , LO-MD-BOM , Bills of Material , Problem