- When opening the Import Employees app, an error message is seen:
"System settings does not allow this app to be used."
- Many Business Catalogs are not appearing in the system, like "Employee - HR Master Data"
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- This issue will occur for new systems that are being set up.
- Because of the issue, while going through the User Onboarding for SAP S/4HANA Cloud guide some steps will not be possible.
- The Q-System is delivered in an initial state that requires minimal configuration before proceeding.
- Once the configuration is completed, the Q-System is activated and general use is possible.
- This system phase is the Preset phase.
- Follow the steps listed at Quality System Initial Access when first accessing the system
- As part of this guide, the initial user will need to complete the Q-System activation by following the guide to Create Initial User in the Quality System
- You will also need to follow the steps to Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation
- Several links to files are provided in the last step
- The Preset Phase Setup Guide is a more detailed overview of the required steps
If this issue is happening in Productive system, the root cause could be a missed transport during the P-system provisioning. Here you can find the process of "Q to P Transport" . If this does not work, please create a ticket in the component CA-HR-S4.
2555311 - FAQ - Import Employees app
Onboarding Maintain Business Users Q-System QA Quality Q System Maintain Employees Maintain Business Roles SAP_CUST_INI Initial User Initial Technical User , KBA , CA-HR-S4 , Cross-Application HCM Objects in S/4HANA , CEC-MKT-DM-CE , please use CEC-MKT-DM-IC , BC-SRV-APS-IAM , Identity and Access Management , Problem