In Manage Permission Roles, new permissions are not being saved after attempting to save changes.
This is the same issue described in 2584660 - Permissions are not getting saved - Employee Central. In this KBA, we will provide the solution to Recruiting Management permissions.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles
Edit the target permission role
Tick the checkbox of new permissions you need to grant
Click on 'I'm done'
Click on 'Save Changes'
Reopen the permission role, changes are not saved (the checkbox becomes unticked)
This is an environemnt issue that is usually caused by missing/failed database upgrade script.
- Setup a Company Schema Upgrade Job at Provisioning to add the missing permission
Job Name: (any text which can identify this job)
Job Owner: (usually the system admin / super user)
Job Type: Company Schema Upgrade Job
Rerun Options: the script file name, example: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offer_approval_read.xml
Click button: Create Job
- Go to Provisioning >Company Settings > Run the "Refresh RBP Permission Configuration"
- For detailed steps, refer to 2584660 - Permissions are not getting saved - Employee Central
- More examples of the script file name:
- Odata API Job Offer Export: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offer_approval_read.xml
- Odata API Job Offer Create: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offer_approval_create.xml
- Odata API Job Offer Update: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offer_approval_update.xml
- Odata API job requisition Export: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_job_req.xml
- OData API Job Requisition Create: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_job_req_create.xml
- OData API Job Requisition Update: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_job_req_update.xml
- OData API Application Export: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_app.xml
- OData API Application Create: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_app_create.xml
- OData API Application Update: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_app_update.xml
- OData API Offer Letter Export: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offerletter_read.xml
- OData API Offer Letter Create: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_offerletter_create.xml
- OData API Candidate Export: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_cand.xml
- OData API Candidate Create: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_cand_create.xml
- OData API Candidate Update: add_perm_for_rcm_odata_cand_update.xml
- The Company Schema Upgrade Job searches for the script file in company_upgrade.csv. The job fails if the script name is incorrect or it doesn't exist.
- If you do not have access to provisioning, please contact your implementation partner or raise a support ticket.
If the message "Throttling Threshold is Reached" appears when executing the job, please follow the steps of the article: 2735903 - "Throttling Threshold is Reached" error on running Company Schema Upgrade Job
2584660 - Permissions are not getting saved - Employee Central
2735903 - "Throttling Threshold is Reached" error on running Company Schema Upgrade Job
Role-based permission, Company Schema Upgrade Job, permission not saving, RCM-55124, ODATA , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem
|Company Schema Upgrade Job failed.png|