How to create/configure a user sync Foundation Import.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - All Versions
For Live Customer(s)
Please engage with a SAP Certified Partner or Professional Services/Consulting, kindly refer to KBA 2400090 to understand why this is NOT in scope of support.
For Implementation Partner(s) and Consultant(s)
Follow the step below and review the SAP SuccessFactors Implementation Guide. In addition, avoid creating a support ticket when receiving any error due to misconfiguration and without utilizing SAP SuccessFactors Partner Delivery Community as a support channel for any configuration questions.
Enable Foundation Import
Enabling Foundation Import provides Onboarding where to pick generated report or sync file in SFTP. Please follow the instruction below.
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding back-end > Customer Account ID > Features > Integrations > Foundation Import
- Activate the Foundation Import with the needed details:
- Method (SFTP is the preferred method)
- SFTP Host Address (Example: sftp4.successfactors.com:22)
- SFTP Folder (Example: /ONB/inbound/)
- SFTP Login (SFTP Username)
- SFTP Password (SFTP Password)
- Enable decryption (Enable if file receive is encrypted)
Create User Sync Report
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors HCM > Reporting > Ad-Hoc Reports
- Create a new Ad-hoc report with needed columns, and for detailed instruction, kindly review : SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Implementation Guide: How to Create a User Sync Report
- Before creating the user sync report, you must ensure that field names are synchronized between the SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and Onboarding.
Create a Schedule Job in Back-end
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors HCM back-end > Managing Job Scheduler > Manage Scheduled Jobs
- Click Create New Job link, and for detailed instruction, kindly review : SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Implementation Guide: Schedule Synchronization Jobs
2241410 - Problem (Configuration) - User Sync Failing due to FoundationImportFieldMapping Incorrect Value(s)
2354343 - Problem (Configuration) - User, Permission, Delta, Position, and OnstartDateChangeStatus Scheduled Jobs Failing
2286437 - Problem (Configuration) - Incorrect File Name
2358167 - Problem (Configuration) - Usediff is set to No
2278872 - Incorrect Account ID
2501296 - Onboarding not Picking up files from SFTP
2712732 - Problem (Configuration) - User Sync Failing due to ImportUsers Incorrect Value(s)
Secure File Transfer Protocol, SFTP, Inbound, Outbound, Integration, UserSync, foundation import, create , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , How To