- Terminated or Suspended New Hires Employment due to out of compliance
- I9 Section 2 Blank with Manager Signature and candidate's US I-9 form is out of compliance
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors HCM > Onboarding
- Take the hire's Onboarding workflow
- Form I-9 Out of Compliance panel will show
- Terminate the New Hire's Employment is selected
- Assignee of Orientation Step (OS) confirmed that new hire will be terminated due to failure of bringing documents which prove's hire's eligibility to work in the United States.
- Assignee is required to sign US I-9 of new hire
The following notifications are disabled, changed, or deleted:
- (3-Step I-9) Employee has not provided their proof of eligibility to work
- (3-Step I-9) Term - Assignee - Employee has not provided their proof of eligibility to work
- (3-Step I-9) Term - Payroll - Employee has not provided their proof of eligibility to work
Name of the notification might be different if standard notification is edited
For Live Customer(s)
The standard behavior is when US I-9 is out of compliance and when it reaches Orientation Step (OS), assignee will encounter a panel with the options below.
- Suspend the New Hire's Employment
- Change the New Hire's Start Date (New Hire has not started to work)
- Do Not Change the New Hire's Start Date
- Terminate the New Hire's Employment
If the assignee selected Terminate the New Hire's Employment, next panel will show a checkbox to confirm that new hire will be terminated due to failure of bringing documents which prove's hire's eligibility to work in the United States. The Onboarding process will not continue and activity will be deleted afterwards.
Tried above resolution and it still won't work, try contacting support below.
Contact SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support
Please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via SAP Expert Chat or Support Incident. In addition, follow the template when creating an incident and provide the needed information below.
- Subject: KBA 2712099 - US Form I-9 Section 2 Blank with Manager Signature
- Component: LOD-SF-OBD-I9
For Implementation Partner(s) and Consultant(s)
Avoid changing the configuration of mentioned notification in the cause section.
For SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support
Please use the instruction manual on how to proceed, in the internal note
SAP SuccessFactors, Onboarding, OBD, ONB, LOD-SF-OBD, PAN, EML, FRM, Blank I9, DHS, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USA, United States of America, Verification , KBA , onb-23140 , LOD-SF-OBD-FRM , Forms, PDF, E-Verify and Compliance Forms etc. , LOD-SF-OBD-EML , Emails and Notifications , Problem