- In general, issues related to the error M8783 "Moving average price for material would be negative: ... ..." are solved with postings using MR21 and MR22 transactions, as explained in the note 753286.
- This document explains a deeper analysis via debug, when more than one currency is involved. For example: the error M8783 is showed and the User is trying to update the value using the transactions MR21 or MR22 in the document currency; however, the error M8783 is caused due to a difference in the group currency, and this information is not visible in the error message or in the screen.
- Materials Management (MM)
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
M8, 783, LGNB8F02, PRICE_CHECK, SMBEW_UPDATE, MIRO, MIR7, MR11, MRKO, MRRL, BAPI , KBA , MM-IV-GF-INC , Stock Inconsistencies , MM-IV-GF-VAL , Valuation, Account determination, Postings , MM-IV-GF-CURR , Currency , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.