You want to ensure that the List Price field cannot be changed manually in a sales document such as a Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
This applies to all sales documents and we will use the Sales Order as an example:
Go to the Sales Orders work center.
Select the Sales Orders view.
Create a Sales Order and maintain the respective data.
Navigate to the Items tab.
Add a Product.
You notice that the determined price in the List Price field can be changed manually.
The Manual Change Control in your Price Strategy for the List Price is not restricted for manual processing.
You can change the Manual Change Control to your needs as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and click on Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the fine tuning activity Configure Price Strategy.
- Select the Configure Pricing Procedure hyperlink.
- Select Standard Procedure.
- Select the Price Component List Price (Step 010).
- In the column Manual Change Control you can see the following options:
- Automatic entry has priority
You can only change the price component value if it has not already been defined in the system.
- Manual entry has priority
You can change the price component value even after it has been defined in the system.)
- No restrictions
You can change the price component value irrespective of it being defined or not.
- Not possible to process manually
You must have defined a price component value in the system master data. The system does not allow you to change the value manually.
Help Center Document: Configuration: Configure Price Strategy
List Price; Read Only; Price Stategy , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem