- Publishing a CDS view in the Custom CDS Views app fails
- SQL view YY1_<ID of View> cannot be renamed as Y<Unique ID>; DDL source YY1_<ID of CDS View> is already shipped.
Example: SQL view YY1_CustomView cannot be renamed as Y123456789; DDL source YY1_CustomCDS is already shipped.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create and publish a custom analytical query
- Export the query to production
- Now delete the query in the test system
- Finally, create a new custom CDS view with the same ID that the query had
- Attempt to publish the new CDS view and you will see the error
The CDS view cannot have the same name as the query, since the deletion of the query has not been transported to production yet
Transport the deletion of the query to production, and you will now be able to publish the new CDS view without an error
Custom Analytical Queries Export Software Collection Delete Production Test , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-GKE , Generic CDS Key User Editor , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-AQD , Fiori based Query Designer , Problem