When you try to change the status to inactive of a custom MDF object you get the message: "Object field/association cannot be marked as Inactive"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into your instance;
- Go to Configure Object Definitions;
- Select Object Definition;
- Search for the custom MDF object;
- Click on take Action;
- Make Correction;
- Find MDF custom object;
- Click details;
- Change Status to be Inactive;
- Click Done and Save;
- "Object field/association cannot be marked as Inactive" message appears.
Custom fields cannot not be marked as inactive. If the object is not longer required you may follow one of the two alternatives below:
- You may proceed and remove that field or
- You may set the custom object to:
- Required: No
- Visibility: Not Visible
2438887 - MetaData Framework - How to create a custom field for a MDF Object?
custom MDF object, error, save, inactive, status , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem