During "Set Prompt", getting error message "A valid string is required" while selecting "Period/Year" value from BEX query.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Model using Data Acquisition from SAP BW.
- Choose the query.
- Deselect ‘Show Mandatory Only’.
- Select Period/Year and try selecting any value.
- Notice this error.
It's a defect in SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
During "Set Prompts", please only make selections on other variables which are mandatory variables. And then clicking on Next while leaving "Period/Year" blank. This can bypass the issue and get to "Build SAP BW Query" prompt and then create the model.
- Only DD.MM.YYYY is supported where the fiscal year period is displayed as PPP.YYYY.
- This functionality might be available only with the Live Data Connection via 3rd-Party providers.
2686792 - Data Acquisition fails with internal server error when importing data from BW BEx query with mandatory variables in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
SAP BW, Live, Import, BEX, failing, not working, does not work, format, data , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem