- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) has hung or sleeping processes
- The sleeping process cannot be killed via ASE "kill" command
- Corresponding connections are held and cannot be released on the application-side either
- Over time, the ASE runs out of user connections. Error 1601 is reported in the ASE errorlog
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 3
server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections.
- The following message is reported in the ASE error log:
AUDIT PROCESS EXCEPTION: Can't allocate space for either syslogs or the current sysaudit table in database 'sybsecurity' because the corresponding segment is full/has no free extents. Please refer to Security Administration Guide for details.
- Increasing the value of ASE configuration parameter "number of user connections" does not help.
- Restarting the ASE does not help - problem resurfaces upon restart.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Netweaver (all versions)
"AUDIT PROCESS EXCEPTION", 1601, "user connections", sybsecurity, auditing , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.