- How to generate the metadata file to integrate SuccessFactors and a Identity Provider;
- How to generate the metadata file to implement SSO for SuccessFactors;
- How to generate the metadata file for Outbound SSO;
- How to generate metadata file for SSO;
- Is there any difference in the metadata file for different SSO implementation scenarios?
- The metadata file I've generated is failing during the SSO implementation process.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
There are two different structures of metadata file for SSO implementation purposes. The one you'll use will depend of your scenario.
- # Scenario 1: SSO between BizX SuccessFactors (as the Service Provider) and a Identity Provider;
This is the most common implementation scenario, and it's metadata file generation goes a manual way.
Please check out the KBA 2747798 for guidance on how to properly build the metadata for this scenario.
- # Scenario 2: SSO between BizX SuccessFactors (as the Identity Provider) and a third-party system;
This is the most uncommon scenario — and the second and last possible one.
For this, you have the possibility to automatically generate the metadata file. Please follow the below steps:
- Put the below URL in the browser (without browsing yet):
- https://[datacenter URL]/idp/samlmetadata?company=[sf_company_instance];
- Replace either the highlighted tokens by the instance's server URL and Company ID;
- Example: https://hcm8preview.sapsf.com/idp/samlmetadata?company=CleytinhoPreview;
- Once the URL is ready, just press enter;
- The metadata file will be automatically generated.
The KBA 2441407 brings further guidance on how to proceed on this scenario when an implementation request arrives.
Important: each scenario has a specific metadata generation process that must be followed.
If you go through one scenario's process to generate the metadata for the other scenario, it won't work.
Metadata File, metadata, metadata for SSO, sso metadata, Outbound SSO, outbound metadata, IDP, SP, identity provider, service provider , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-SAM , SAML SSO First Time Setup , LOD-SF-PLT-SEL , SSO Errors & Logs , How To