The following error occurs when you run a data action or allocation in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Another operation is currently being executed on this version. Please try again later.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Run a data action script or allocation in a story or execute any other action that attempts to update a specific version.
- Complex or long running operations (data actions, imports, allocations) time out or are canceled.
- The version remains in edit mode and subsequent processes cannot be executed (data action / allocation / data edit in a table).
Use the version management panel to revert to the previous data in the version.
- Find an existing story that uses the same version or create a new story and reference the version.
- Once you open the story, click the “version management” panel icon (NOT the “publish” one).
- You will see a pane on the right showing all the versions used in the story. The version that you are having problems will appear in edit mode.
- Click the “…” (ellipsis) drop-down menu and select “revert” and the following dialogue prompt appears:
Version in use
The version <> is currently in use since <>
Your action was not completed. You will need to try again after the current process ends.
Do you want to stop the current process or wait until it is finished?
Please be aware that there may be long running processes.
Stop (button) Wait (button)
- Click the Stop button.
- The data action operation is stopped but the version is still in edit mode.
- Select “revert” again and this time you should be able to revert the version and get the version out of edit mode.
You should now be able to run the Data Action or any other operation against the version again.
- 3010653 - Data Actions set to recur using a calendar don't trigger in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC)
- 2893845 - Please wait while the Data Action is being executed in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Allocation, job, running, kill, version management, publish, revert, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , data+action+not+finishing , data+ action not finishing , data actions not completing , running data action nothing happens , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , LOD-ANA-PL-PRO , Planning Process, Input Task , Problem