- The master database is quiesced: quiesce database master_tag hold master
server QUIESCE DATABASE command with tag tag_master is being executed by process 478
server Process 478 successfully executed QUIESCE DATABASE with HOLD option for tag tag_master.
server Processes trying to issue an I/O operation on the quiesced database(s) will be suspended until the user executes a
QUIESCE DATABASE command with the RELEASE option.
- A second user process in the master database opens a transaction while master is quiesced. The transaction is blocked and placed in lock sleep until the quiesce is released.
Your query is blocked because it tried to start a transaction in the 'master' database which is in a quiesced state. Your query will proceed after the DBA
performs a QUIESCE/PREPARE DATABASE RELEASE.
- At a later point in time, while the quiesce is still active and the second process is in lock sleep the following server error is logged:
server Error: 2238, Severity: 20, State: 9
server begin lock: Could not acquire LOCK INTERRUPTED due to invalid pointer param number 6, pointer value 0x0
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
lock sleep blocked begin tran , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.