Following error is received when hiring a candidate in Manage Pending hires (MPH): "Invalid HRIS element specified in the transformation mapping: "objectname". Only use hris-elements/fields from a pre-defined set. Please contact your administrator. (NOTE: "objectname" reference is the name of the mapped object that system has issue with).
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central (EC)
- Onboarding or Recruiting integration with EC
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into instance
- Go to "Manage Pending Hires" tool
- Choose either Onboarding or Recruiting (Depends on your integration setup)
- Click "hire" to hire a candidate
The issue is occurring for objects that have a "," (comma) or "." (Period) in the name. (Example: pay-component.USA_12.34)
- At this time we do not support having commas in object names. This is a limitation of the mapping logic
- Allthough this is allowed within EC itself as a valid name, it is not supported currently when mapping fields that can have values with commas in the name.
- The reason for this is that "commas" are used within integration mapping logic itself as a seperator (as example the logic will interpret a value like "pay-component.USA_12.34" as "pay-component.USA_12" and "34"
- So this is the reason why the error comes up as the system will not find the partial object name due to the division.
- If you do need to map these fields with EC and Onboarding or RCM; than please rename the objects using "underscores" (Example: pay-component.USA_12_34)
comma, ECT-105536, KM-4550, mapping , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-OBD , Onboarding , Problem