Business Rule to trigger a validation for future dated changes is not working
Example: Trigger validation error when terminating an employee with a future dated change on his/her profile (e.g. a change of data in Job Information portlet)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors - Employee Central
- People Profile (PP3)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Login to the system > Navigate to Admin Center
2. Configure Business Rules > Create a business rule for the future dated validation. Follow below configuration:
2. Navigate to My Profile > Update a data (e.g. data change the location from Job Information portlet and choose a future date)
2. Terminate the Employee. When selecting the date, a validation message appears (see below), but when the Termination Reason is also selected, the validation doesn't work.
Also, validation rule still triggers even when terminating employees without future dated changes.
Business Rules does not support future dated validation yet.
If this is a business requirement, you can log an enhancement request by following the KBA 2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products.
Future Dated Change, Business Rule, Validation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , Product Enhancement