You are looking forward to delete or edit the custom report XYZ created in your system. However, after selecting the report, you notice that the buttons Edit > Report Wizard and Delete are greyed out, so you are not able to perform any of the actions described.
Additionally, you may notice that you cannot save views in this report.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Reports.
- Search for the report XYZ.
- Click Edit With: Here you see that the option Report Wizard is greyed out.
- The Delete option is greyed out as well.
- Open the report and change the view.
- Click More Actions.
- The Save button is missing.
Access rights were applied to your report via the 'Set Access' tool available in the Design Reports Work Center View. Following the steps below, you may check these access rights:
Access your system.
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Search for the XYZ Report.
- Select it and click on the button Set Access.
- Notice the Business Roles which are assigned to the Report.
When a business role is assigned in this tab, the report will be restricted to it, meaning that only users that are also assigned to that Business Role will be able to edit (including the creation of views) or delete the report in the system.
In order to edit or delete this specific Report in your system, you may proceed following one of the two approaches below:
You may log into your system with a user that is assigned to the business role, so you can search for the report and edit or delete it.
- You may log into your system with a user that is assigned to the business role, after that, you may remove the specific business role from the Set Access feature, so all users will be able to edit or delete the report again in your system.
Report; Analytics; Business Analytics; Design Report; Edit; Delete; Business Role; Reports; Set Access; not editable, cannot edit report, save as missing, save option report, create view, grayed out , KBA , not editable , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To