You have set up a report chart to show the geo map chart type. Even though you have done the required settings as described in the help center, the map chart type is greyed out.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Open your report from the Analysis or Business Analytics work center.
- Select the required report view.
- Click on Change Chart in the report view (top left in RUI).
The Geo Map chart is greyed out and you cannot select it.
The Geo Map will only be enabled when all of the following conditions are met:
Country or State have to be part of the report view drill down
- The Country or State characteristic settings have to be set to 'ID and description'
- There can only be 1 key figure in the view
- The country characteristic needs to have one of the following technical IDs: CNTRY_CODE, DPY_PROS_CNTRY or WRKADRS_COUNTRY. The state characteristic needs to have one of the following technical IDs: REGION_CODE, DPY_PRS_REGION or WRKADRS_REGION. For technical reasons, only these characteristic types can be used with the geo map.
You can check the technical ID of the characteristic by following these steps:
Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Source.
- Search for the data source you are using in your report.
- In the column Documentation, click on the magnifying glass.
- In the list of characteristics, search for your field and check the Characteristic ID.
SAP Help Center Article in the SAP Cloud for Customer Analytics Guide: Geo Map
report, analytics, geo map, report chart, country, graph, grayed out, state, chart, grayed out , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To