When I try to connect to PRD with correct credentials the following error message is generated:
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- Plateau Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter the VJDBC details, Username, URL and Password
- Test Connection
- It fails with the message in the Symptom section
The issue happens because of the OLD Java version in the system
- Please get the latest version of Java from Oracle Java's official page - https://www.java.com/en/download/
- Install the downloaded executable (and remove if you do not need the older versions, the installer will take care of this at the end of the installation by providing you the option to remove the old versions, choose based on your other application requirements) file.
- Close the PRD tool, relaunch it and test the same.
If you are still facing issues, please check the End User Requirements Guide as to the exact version that is supported (currently JRE 1.7).
Received fatal alert: protocol_version, PRD error, PRD not working, PRD SSLException , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , VJDBC Setup or Connection Issues , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem