- The Oracle WE8ISO8859P1 character set is the ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) character set.
- This is the same description given for the iso_1 character set in the Sybase ASE manual.
- Replicating between SAP ASE and Oracle with these character sets using Repserver, ExpressConnect and in the past Direct Connect/Replication Agent for Oracle with no issues.
- The challenge came when the application team introduced a column with the univarchar(255) datatype on SAP ASE replicating to nvarchar2(510) on the Oracle side.
- Verfication on the the repdef lists univarchar(255) for that column and that the Unicode characters can be inserted directly on both SAP ASE and Oracle, however, they are not replicating properly.
SAP Replication Server (All versions)
SAP Replication Server 15.7
KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.