Is it possible to send data from one SuccessFactors entity to another using Integration Center?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Integration Center
You can create an integration to transfer data from a SuccessFactors entity to another SuccessFactors entity. To do so, you would need to first create the integration interface, following these steps:
- Access Integration Center and click on button "Create" at the top-right of the screen
- Click on "More Integration Types"
- Choose the options below
Trigger Type Scheduled Source Type SuccessFactors Destination Type SuccessFactors Format OData v2
Important note: to transfer data between SuccessFactors entities, this is the only setup that works. If you choose the setup below:
Source Type SuccessFactors Destination Type Rest
And configure the SuccessFactors API endpoint in the Destination Settings of the integration, as below:
It will end up in an error - this won't work at all. Please always choose Source Type and Destination Type as "SuccessFactors".
The Destination Type "Rest" is intended to be used when you need to send SuccessFactors data to 3rd party Rest servers.
- Choose the starting entity (the one that will be sending the data) and click on Select button at the bottom-right of the screen
- Click on Configure Fields tab and select the Field Mapping View at the top-right of the screen (this one below):
- On "Destination Fields" section (in the middle of the screen) you'll have to select which entity will receive the data from the starting entity you selected initially. Feel free to delete and add the entity you want.
- After selecting the destination entity, you'll have to create the links between the fields - which field from the destination will be populated by which field from the source. To do so, you'll have to click in the source field, drag it and drop it on its respective destination field, as shown below:
- After creating all the links, you can set up the filters (if you want) and then you are good to go.
Integration Center for SuccessFactors, SuccessFactors Integration using Integration Center, Integration Center for SF to SF Integration, SuccessFactors Employee Central to Recruitment Integration through Integration Center, odata v2, ic, rest, xml, SourceType, DestinationType, , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem