Receiving Error: 'AlienNumber length is not 9', see below image for visual reference.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors HCM > Onboarding
- Pick up any candidate from E-Verify tab
- When trying to Submit Initial Verification, the error message 'AlienNumber length is not 9.' appears:
The system validated that Alien Number entered in the candidate's data is less/more than 9. Common cause of this warning message is where Hiring Manager/Orientation Step Assignee, entered incorrect information in the system.
For Live Customer(s)
Please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via Support Incident to request change of record. In addition, follow the template when creating an incident and provide the needed information below.
- Subject: KBA 2701173 - Receiving Error: 'AlienNumber length is not 9'
- Component: LOD-SF-OBD-EVF
E-Verify, DHS, Verification, Work Authorized, Alien Number, Authorized to Work, card number, Receiving Error: 'AlienNumber length is not 9'