- ASE hangs for no apparent reason, stays unresponsive for a few minutes then restarts again and continues as normal.
- Sometimes normal processing can resume after a couple of minutes but often Sybase DBA has to reboot the ASE after the ASE appears to hang for 15 minutes or more.
- The ASE has a very large statement cache (at least hundreds of Mb).
- java application executing a query
- Sometimes following error will be raised:
701, Severity: 17, State: 12 There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
statement cache memory leak
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR816848, CR#816848, 816848, statement cache, Error 701, memory leak , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.