When trying to save an invoice document like a customer invoice, you receive the error message 'Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC', although you have maintained a document numbering rule for country ABC.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the invoice request and click Invoice button.
- Click Save.
You receive the error message: 'Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC' (ABC represents the country).
There is an empty entry in the invoicing unit for the related numbering rule you created, hence the system cannot match the rule.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview.
- Find the Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing activity.
- Click the Define document numbering formats for ABC link.
- Select the relevant rule you have maintained for country ABC.
- In the Invoicing Unit section, you can see an empty entry (the value box is visible as shown in below screenshot).
- Select this empty line and click Remove.
- Save the changes.
You should now be able to save your customer invoice.
1845478 - You are not Able to Release a Customer Invoice, an Error Message Occurs:"Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for"
2168555 - You Cannot Save Customer Invoices: "Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC"
invoice ; credit memo ; invoicing unit ; Japan ; facture ; règle ; numérotation ; avoir , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem