You are getting the below errors while trying to deploy business configuration of a solution from SDK or while deploying a solution into a tenant.
- Implementation project is temporarily locked. Try deploying again.
- Solution Profile is locked by XYZ (where XYZ is a business user)
- BC deployment failed.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Login to the Cloud Applications Studio.
- Open the affected solution.
- Right click on the solution in the project explorer.
- Select the option Deploy Business Configuration.
- Select the radio button for the deployment as per your requirement and click on Ok.
- Error occurs.
- Login to the Cloud Applications Studio.
- On the Implementation Manager toolbar, click the Upload button and select the.zip file.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Activate
- Error occurs.
The Business configuration - implementation project is locked by a business user in the frontend UI.
In order to deploy business configuration successfully from SDK or to deploy the solution into the tenant, you should ensure that the implementation project is not locked by any user.
Check with the user XYZ which you get from the error message and ask him to come out of the project. After that you can try deploying business configuration again from SDK or continue with the add-on deployment.
You can also refer to the below KBA for another use case where the Deploy Business Configuration is failing:
Deploy, BC, failed, Project, locked, user, Solution, Profile, locked , KBA , bc deployment failed , bc is locked , error during bc deployment from sdk , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To