You would like to change the description of some Tax Codes in the system, however you are not being able to find an option to edit the same.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go To Work Center Business Configuration.
- Go to View Implementation Projects.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Find Tax on Goods and Service.
- Click Open.
- Click Define Tax Codes.
This is the expected system behavior. If the Tax Code is Pre-Delivered by SAP it cannot be edited.
As workaround, you can create a New Tax Code with the correct description.
To create a New Tax Code, you may follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Show All Activities.
- Search and open the Activity Tax on Goods and Services.
- Select the option Define Tax Codes.
- Click Add Row button.
- Select a Country in which this Tax Code is valid from the dropdown list.
- Enter an ID for the Tax Code of your specific tax use case.
- Enter a description.
- Enter a date for the start and the end of the validity period.
- Select a Tax Event from the dropdown list that characterizes the Business Transaction from a taxation point of view.
- Select a Tax Type from the dropdown list that is used for this Tax Code.
- Select a Tax Rate Type from the dropdown list that is used.
- Save your entries.
If you create a new Tax Code you have to maintain the following settings:
- Tax Code
- Valid-From Date
- Valid-To Date
- Tax Event
- Tax Type
- Tax Rate Type
For further details you can check the Help Document Configuration: Tax Codes.
Tax Code, Description, Tax Rate Type, Change Tax Code , KBA , tax code , how to , tax rate type , change tax code , edit tax code , description , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To