You have set up the Advanced Shipping Notification in Communication Arrangement and required settings for account as well however when you release an Outbound Delivery, system doesn't send an ASN document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Third Party Logistics Workcenter.
- Go to 3PL Outbound view.
- Go to Outbound Deliveries sub view.
- Show All Outbound Deliveries by selection and find the required ID.
- Select it and edit the required outbound delivery.
- Navigate to Document Flow.
- Here you see that system has created the ASN however it is with technical error: Solve Connectivity Issue.
Since you have not maintained the Authentication Method in communication arrangement which is a mandate field system is not able to connect to the right protocol.
Go to the Application and User Management Work center.
- Go to Input and Output Management view and select Communication Arrangements sub view.
- Find the Communication Arrangements: Output of Advanced Shipping Notification.
- Select and edit it.
- Choose Check Completeness on the top of screen.
- System throws error: Invalid Authentication Method.
- Now go to tab: Technical Data and check under Outbound Communication: Basic Settings.
- Under field Authentication Method, choose either SSL Client Certificate or User ID and Password as per business requirement.
- Perform Save and Reactivate.
Invalid Authentication Method, Advanced Shipping Notification, Outbound Delivery, SSL Client Certificate, Communication Arrangements, Output of Advanced Shipping Notification , KBA , outbound delivery , invalid authentication method , ssl client certificate , output of advanced shipping notification , advanced shipping notification , communication arrangements , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem