You have observed that the name format of an employee is not the same, for example, in the Employee's OWL (object worklist, the work center view screen) and the TI (thing inspector, the details screen of a specific employee record).
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Employees work center view.
- Search for employee XYZ (where XYZ stands for an actual employee ID in the system).
- The employee's name is displayed in the "<Last Name>, <First Name>" format.
- Open the employee's record.
- In the new screen, the employee's name is displayed in the "<First Name> <Last Name>" format, or even show an additional name.
The name format is not the same in all views because in OWLs, the Business Partner Sort Name field is used, to facilitate sorting based on last name. In the employee's record, the field used is Business Partner Formatted Name, which will be displayed according to the format set for the respective employee's country/region in the General Business Partner fine-tuning activity of the Business Configuration work center (under the "Maintain Name Formats" section). This field is also the one used in Account Team tabs within customer records, for example.
The same is also valid for other business partners, such as contacts.
This is the current system behavior and it is planned to be enhanced in future releases.
Name Format, Employee, Contact , KBA , people , name format , employee , contact , AP-BP-BP , BusinessByDesign: Business Partner , How To