- ASE errorlog reports a timeslice or signal 11 at address pipe_read/ pipe_write causing either:
- ASE server to crash
- Termination of a single spid/process
- Error log will contain any or all of the following errors:
- Current process (0x7f503fb) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0000000100637860 (pipe_read+0x198)
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_pipemgrspin at address ....
- Followed by stacktrace including functions:
- Error: 9566, Severity: 20, State: 1
Worker Process internal plan copy error for EVAL E_LPAD.
Consider running this query serially by setting the session parameter 'parallel_degree' to 1.
Please contact SAP Technical Support.
- Thread (spid=1234) initiating parallel primary error processing.
Followed by (many) stacktraces including function copy__eop_eval_list
- Current process (0x5f0030) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x000000010210f82c (pipe_write+0x130)
- See attachment Stack_Example.txt for un-sanitized errorlog
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
spinlocks, parallel, pipe_read, pipe_write, dbt_pipemgrspin, unptn_pllscan, CR816694, 816694, 820290, CR820290 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.