How to get the API request and response payloads of API calls made to SuccessFactors.
Note: this applies to calls made from any environment, as long as the call was sent to SuccessFactors' API. For example: the browser, a middleware like CPI or some tool like Postman.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
- Enable the API Audit Logs as described in the KBA 2639894 - [1805 Feature] API Audit Log Availability - this will make full API logs get available for 4 hours.
- Reproduce the API call in your tool/middleware/browser (used Postman below as an example):
Note: If you are using CPI or Boomi, you can deploy your artifact/process to reproduce the API call.
- Go to SuccessFactors and select OData API Audit Log or SFAPI Audit Log - it will depend in the API being used in your API call. In the example using Postman, OData API Audit Log will selected since OData was used:
- Search for the API call you performed. You can use the filters at the top to help searching for it, like: Session ID, the Entity being queried/upserted, the Timestamp that the API call was performed, and some others (Request ID, Status). In the example using Postman, we will filter for User entity:
- After finding the API call, you can click on the button located under "HTTP Message" column to view the API logs.
- The screen below will pop up, where you can check all the available logs for that API call (Request Header/Payload and Response Header/Payload). You can then download the files and attach them to the incident so the Support can analyze and evaluate.
Note: If you are not able to see the logs here, try reproducing the issue again, as sometimes the activation of the logs can take some minutes to reflect. If the error persists, confirm if the logs where indeed enabled (step 1). Remember that this will be recording after you see the expire date as explained on the KBA of step 1.
In case you are not able to access "OData API Audit Log" page, take a look at this KBA: 2250344 - SuccessFactors: How to enable OData API.
Also, check if the prerequisites described in the Enabling API Audit Logs page of the OData Developer Guide are already configured to your user.
How to get API logs on SuccessFactors, sfapi audit logs, odata audit logs, how to provide audit logs, audit logs, audit log, compound employee logs, compoundemployee, download, attach, , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-EC , Employee Central SFAPI & OData Entities , LOD-SF-INT-CE , Compound Employee API , How To