While trying to use the Financial Statement Report feature available in SAP ByDesign you notice that the fields 'Hierarchy Design' and 'Initial Expansion Level' are greyed out and you like to enable them.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work centre.
- Go to the Reports view.
- Select the List sub view.
- Select the report Financial Statement.
- Start the report and select the view tab.
- Select the Chart/Table Settings icon.
The fields 'Hierarchy Design' and 'Initial Expansion Level' are greyed out.
- The fields 'Hierarchy Design' and 'Initial Expansion Level' get enabled as soon as you select a value for 'Arrange as Hierarchy'. These fields are only applicable for the display-hierarchy.
- If you are looking for the settings for master-data-hierarchies, these can be found with the steps below:
- On the report page, click on the More icon near Balance Sheet And Income Statement Item.
- Select Characteristic Settings.
Under Hierarchy, you have the settings for master-data-hierarchies.
Hierarchy Design, Initial Expansion Level, Report features, Financial Statement Report. , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem