When you go to Rehire Inactive Employee and search for one employee you can see that the search does not seems to hevave as expected if the employee is outside the target group of the user logged in.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
**All the Images from this KBA are from our internal test instance any resemblance with production instances are mere coincidence**
Reproducing the Issue
See the below steps to reproduce from our Internal test instance:
- Logged as “sfadmin” we can see that we don’t have any access to the terminated employee Ann Liu Layu:
- Now, in Rehire Inactive Employee we can see that Ann Liu appears:
- Now searching only for Ann we can still see that the employee is also returned:
- Now searching for "Ann Liu" we can see that no employee is returned:
- Now if we proxy as Tessa Walker and search for the inactive employee Ann Liu Lau We can see that Tessa Walker has access to this employee:
- In Rehire inactive employee and searching by “Ann Liu” we can see that the employee is returned:
This behavior is reproducible in our Demo instances but is not clear yet if this is a bug or expected behavior.
Our engineering team is working on this and we will keep this document updated
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , Problem