- During the last step of the "Managed System Configuration" it is not possible to complete the Check Configuration activity.
- The following messages are shown on the screen log:
Error: The definition of Technical System "<SID>" is not correct: "<SID>": Host "<hostname>" must have an Operating System.
Warning: The definition of Technical System "<SID>" is not correct: "<SID>": No FQDN found in Host "<hostname>".
Warning: The definition of Technical System "<SID>" is not correct: "<SID>": No IP found in Host "<hostname>".
- Every troubleshooting described on the section "6) FQDN and IP Problems" at the Wiki page Outside Discovery - Solution Manager was done and error still persists.
- The Outside Discovery is performed by the SAP Diagnostic Agent and there is no possibility to switch it to SAP Host Agent (SP05 or lower)
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP 05 or lower
Solution Manager, Outside Discovery, Managed System Configuration, Check Configuration, Landscape Browser , KBA , must have an operating system , SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-CHK , Self Checks , SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-LSC , OS and DB Host Discovery (Outside Discovery) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.