When using Course Home, clicking on Start Course button, nothing occurs and a message stating The navigation request has been process successfully is generated.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an online item
- Create a SCORM 2004 content object
- Add the content object to the item
- Enable Course Home setting
- Launch the course and attempt to begin the content
The issue is due to SCORM 2004 content that should be in a content package, which has an activity tree, is not being used on the item. This is stated in our documentation as follows:
SCORM 2004 online content is usually delivered to your organization as an entire content package. That package includes a manifest file and content objects. It is assembled so that all its objects work together, so you must add the package as one unit. Do not extract the package or add SCORM content as individual content objects.
Do not manually create a content package. When using iContent and as long as the SCORM 2004 is coded correctly, the Content Import tool will create the package automatically.
- Navigate to Content > Import Content
- Add New Content > Select the ZIP file
- Make sure to fill in the Content Package ID to easily discern after the import the name of the Package
- Finish the import
- Navigate to the Item -> Online Content -> Add the Content Package
- Content will now launch correctly in Course Home
While SCORM 2004 content did work as a content object prior to Course Home, this was an unintentional. Going forward, content packages need to be used.
scorm 2004, course home, add new content, object, package, unable , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem