While posting or approving a Tax Payment the system shows an error message 'Define a default profit center for company XYZ and sub ledger Tax'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Tax management work center.
- Click the Tax Payments view.
- Open the Tax payment.
- Click Post.
- Go to the Managing My Area work center.
- Click the Approvals view.
- Select the task - Approve Tax Payment ABC. (ABC represents the Tax Payment ID)
- Click Approve.
You see the error message - Define a default profit center for company XYZ and sub ledger Tax. (XYZ represents the Company ID)
If the Reporting Principle is Profit Center Accounting and Segment Reporting for the set of Books, then it is required that we derive profit center for all postings done on P&L accounts.
You have to maintain Default Profit Center using below steps:
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Click on the Overview.
- Search for the fine tune activity - Profit Center Derivation.
- Click on Edit Default Profit Center.
- Maintain line 1 with Subledger value Tax.
- Maintain line 2 with Subledger value blank/empty.
- Click on Save.
After maintaining the default profit center, system allows you to post or approve the Tax Payment.
Error while approving payment, Profit center error in tax payment , KBA , ubledger without subledger , profit center error in tax payment , error while approving payment , standard-profit-center für unternehmen , nebenbuch definieren , and subledger without subledger , defaulting profit center , AP-ACC-TAX , Tax Ledger Account , How To