When using the operator ~ "contains" in the report selection, no values are retrieved in report results.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Log into the system.
- Go to Business Analytics > Design Reports.
- Find and open the report XYZ.
- In the report selection pane, click the arrow on the left side of characteristic YXZ.
- Select the operator ~ "contains".
- Insert the text you want to filter by in characteristic YXZ.
- Click the Apply button to update the report results.
- See that no results show up in the report, despite you inserted the correct filter for characteristic YXZ.
You are inserting only a part of the text. For example, though you are looking to list all results containing the word "green", you are typing only "re" in the selection for characteristic YXZ.
Whenever using the operator ~ "contains", you should insert the term between asterisks "*". For example: *re*.
Please also note that when using UUID fields like Opportunity or Account in the selection, you will need to enter the ID, not the description of the opportunity / account / etc.
asterisk; report contains; contains operator report; business analytics; reporting; *; star , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To