- Is that possible to enable the Instance Sync Tool via Upgrade Center?
- How do I enable the Instance Sync Tool in SuccessFactors?
- Which are the required permissions to use Instance Sync Tool?
- Is there a main guide for the Instance Sync Tool?
- How to pair two instances to sync artifacts?
- Is that possible to copy only configuration between instances?
- I'd like to know more about the Instance Sync Tool.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
# What is the Instance Sync Tool?
The Sync Tool is a feature that make possible to synchronize several settings and configurations — commonly called as "artifacts" — across different instances.
All the available objects are outlines within the KBA 2088055's "What items are supported?" section.
# How to enable the Instance Sync Tool?
- Go to Admin Center > Upgrade Center - Figure 1;
- In the Recommended Upgrades panel, look for Instance Synchronization Tool Expert Self Service;
- Click Learn More & Upgrade Now;
A dialog box appears providing more information about Instance Synchronization. Review the information before proceeding.
- Click Upgrade Now to enable Instance Synchronization Wizard;
- Click Yes and then click OK.
Figure 1. Upgrade Center
Results: Once the upgrade is complete, you will see Instance Synchronization Tool Expert Self Service under Completed Upgrades.
# Which are the needed permissions to use Sync Tool?
After instance sync has been successfully enabled, three Admin Tools become available in Admin Center of the source instance:
- Instance Synchronization Wizard;
- Instance Synchronization Monitor Tool;
- Manage Sync Packages;
- Admin access to MDF OData API.
In order to access these tools, you must be granted permission to sync at least one type of artifact between instances.
It can be some user information, a MDF Object, the RBP Rules or Permission Groups and so on.
- Example: if you've permissions to manage RBP Permission Groups and Roles, you'll automatically become able to sync these artifacts.
So, once you have permission to sync any artifact, the tool will be available to you automatically.
# Which are the other key steps I should be aware about?
There are still some steps you need to take into consideration:
- Pair the Source and Target instances;
- Select the artifacts you wish to sync;
- Set up and run and monitor Instance Sync Jobs;
These step's guidance and much more are precisely outlined in the Instance Sync Master Guide, available here.
Instance Sync, Instance Synchronization, Instance Sync Tool, Sync Tool, Instance Sync Admin Guide, Instance Sync Manual; Copy Configuration , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , Problem