To enable a Catalog search where the Item ID has a prefix contained in the item ID.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions since b1711
What is it?
- Admins can configure prefix characters to be ignored in single keyword searches to handle naming conventions within your course catalog. For example, you can configure to ignore a square brace: [
- When users search for the sting PM-GM, the search finds PM-GM but it also finds [PM-GM. If you use character conventions in your learning items, add the characters to the search configuration
Why is it important?
- Customers have various special characters as prefixes to their item ID's which are irrelevant to how the user searches for that ID. Since the Item ID search would not recognize a value started with this common prefix character, we added this configuration to ignore such characters when the user does a single keyword search value
- Admin has access to the System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Catalog
- The catalogSearchPrefixes= property allows you to set prefixes that should be appended to searches when a single keyword is used. A maximum of 3 prefixes are supported
catalog search, prefix characters, catalog, single keyword searches, catalogSearchPrefixes=, LRN-17375, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To