This KBA covers how to enable Personalized Recommendations
- Personalized Learning Recommendations are powered by machine learning capabilities with SAP Leonardo
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
Enable Personalized Recommendations to allow users, administrators, and the Learning Management System (LMS) to make learning recommendations to learners based on their topics of interest.
Starting in release 1808, LMS Admins can enable Personalized Learning Recommendations in LMS
Personalized Recommendations is a new feature in b1808 release that can be turned by going to:
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS then set recommendationsEngineEnabled to true
- Logon as Learning Administrator
- Go to System Admin
- System Configurations
- PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
Learners will now be able to view Personalized Recommendations on the Catalog Browse page and on the Recommendations tile.
- If this is the first time you are enabling the recommendations engine, then learners will be able to view the recommendations after the recommendations engine finishes processing
- Please Reference User Assistance Documentation (logon to https://help.sap.com first): Personalized Learning Recommendations for more information.
Important note: Personalized Learning Recommendations are only available when LMS is integrated with BizX. Otherwise you will see the below validation message.
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
SF SuccessFactors LMS PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS, recommendationsEngineEnabled, Leonardo, Personalized Learning Recommendations are only available when integrated with BizX, 1808, b1808, recommendationsEngineEnabled=true , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Product Enhancement