- While adding new child record in custom MDF portlet, it does not appear on the top.
- How can I control the display order of MDF object records in PP3?
- To set the most recent child record on the top and the oldest record at the bottom of the portlet.
- What is the collapse feature for MDF child records on PP3?
- Duplicate fields are appearing in the MDF UI portlet.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a custom MDF object with (one to many) composite type association
- Configure it on the People Profile.
- Click on Edit button (Pencil Icon) and add a new child record.
- Older record remains at the top. As you scroll down you will notice that the latest added child record is being added at the bottom.
It is by design in the PP3 principle. There is no way to change the order of the child records. The historical record (the one created first) will always appear on the top and successive child records will start appearing as you scroll down.
Although this is expected behavior, still there is a little tweak that can be done to have the latest added child record accessible without scrolling.
For that we can make use of the Collapsible feature from the Manage configuration UI for the UI screens. In this feature, you can default the child records to collapsed form.
- Go to Manage Configuration UI.
- Select the UI screen for your MDF object.
- Click on "Edit properties" for the child object UI group.
- Set the property Collapsible = Yes and then Default Collapsed also = Yes.
- Click on OK and then Save the UI screen.
- If you perform above alteration, the newly added child record will also appear in collapsed form by default. You will need to click on expand icon to see the empty fields to input the values.
- If you add custom UI groups using button "Add Group" - make sure they are not empty. At least one field must be added, otherwise fields appear duplicated.
Master KBA for Manage Configuration UI FAQs => 2553102
MDF: Metadata Framework,Custom MDF portlets,Order of records,Scroll MDF portlet,Older child record,Latest child record,Top,Bottom , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , How To