- When trying to set up Data Acquisition and configure SAP Cloud Connector (SCC) to acquire data in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), below error message is seen:
"417 An authorization problem occurred when downloading the configuration. Check the spelling of the subaccount name, user, and password: 401 — Unauthorized" when adding a subaccount".
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Cloud Connector (SCC)
Reproducing the Issue
- Add a new subaccount in SAP Cloud Connector.
- Define host, subaccount, user and password as per KBA 2397165.
- Click on Save.
There could be multiple causes for such errors:
- Cause 1: The user is not a member of the subaccount.
- Cause 2: The region Host defined in Cloud Connector is incorrect.
- Cause 3: The S-User's username or password is incorrect
- Cause 4: Email address maintained in https://accounts.sap.com/ui/protected/profilemanagement is not linked/ matching in Cloud Connector Configuration.
- Solution 1: If the error is due to Cause 1 then, make sure that the user has been added in SAC > System > Datasource Configuration as per the Resolution part of KBA 2397165.
- Solution 2: If the error is due to Cause 2 then make sure the Region Host defined in SAP Cloud Connector is given appropriate as mentioned in SAC > System > DataSource Configuration.
- Solution 3: Confirm that the S-User credentials can be used to log in to the SAP Support Launchpad
- Solution 4: Ensure the Email address associated for the S-User is linked. If it's not linked then raise Operations request. If it's linked then Ensure it's matching as it's case sensitive.
For step by step guidance on Data Aquistion and configuring Cloud Connector, please follow the steps mentioned in SAC User's Guide and in the KBA mentioned above.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
cloud connector, data acquisition, , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem