- ASE unexpectedly shuts down.
- Replication Agent is configured for stream replication in an IMRS enabled database.
- Error 9414 may be reported in the ASE errorlog, for example:
Error: 9414, Severity: 20, State: 1
RepAgent(5): Streaming replication stream CI Library error -1 with severity 2 and message 'Producer receiver 'ERP_1' failed to receive data, shutting down transport to 'ocs:myhostname:portnumber'.'. Rep Agent detected error 3 with message 'Unknown' at line 0 in file nofilename.
- ASE errorlog contains an "infected with signal 11" error in the module ubffreef() with a stack trace:
Current process (0x479023d) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x00000000021524bd (ubffreef+0x10d), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x000000000000001c)
- The stack trace includes the following functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- There is also a message about a spinlock RAMEM_SPIN held by a process (spid) infected by signal 11:
Spinlocks held by kpid 75039293
Spinlock RAMEM_SPIN at address 0x00000001459edf80 owned by 75039293
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
Sybase, infected, signal, SEGV, SIGSEGV, segment, violation, storage, access, kisignal, CR815821, CR#815821, 815821 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.