You have collected Code Texts using Language Adaptation, but some texts are not showing in the Target Language.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Administrator work centre.
- Go to Language Adaptation.
- Click New.
- Select Source Language English and Target Language A (A represents the target language).
- Click Edit.
- In the Text Pool Collection facet, select Text types to be collected, include Get Code Text.
- In Work Centers Selected for Texts, select the work centres as needed, in our example: Activities.
- Click Collect Texts (this may take a few minutes - please do not select too many work centres at once, we recommend to make smaller selections).
- Go to the Code Texts facet.
You see that some texts of Code Implementation: Business Configuration Object are not shown in the target text, but have the same text as the source text.
The untranslated texts are custom texts (Z-codes created by customer) within your Business Configuration and need to be translated within the Business Configuration fine-tuning activity they belong to.
The Target Code is not shown for other Code Implementations as well, not only the Business Configuration.
To apply translation for these texts:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Access the Overview work center view
- Search and open the relevant fine-tuning activity
- Click the Translate button at the top of the window.
- Select Source and Target language and maintain your translations.
- Click Ok
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
- A system restart after the save might be required.
SAP Help Portal: Translate and Adapt User Interface Texts
For Integration Scenarios, see the Administration Guide (SAP Help Portal): Configure Automatic Code List Mapping
KBA: 2535317 - Language Adaptation does not Translate Questions in Activity Advisor
Translate, Translation missing, Z codes, Business configuration, Language Adaptation, Code Text missing, , KBA , AP-RC-TXA , C4C Text Adaptation , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To