- What is the suggested method for input of the Date Of Birth Field?
- What happens when I only input '08 as the Year for Date of Birth?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to a user
- Input the Birthday as MM/DD/YY (05/16/08)
The system will derive the Date of Birth as May 16, 1908
- This is expected system behavior
- There is hardcoded logic built into the product that defines the beginning of time (from a system perspective) as 01/01/1900
- If no Prefix for the Year is input into the system, the system will automatically derive a value based on 01/01/1900 as the base date
- Best Practices say that the Date of Birth needs to have MM/DD/YYYY (or DD/MM/YYYY - Depending on the default locale)
DOB, SFEC, EmpData, SFSF, SF EC, Input Method , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment & Termination Details) , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1805