- Security Certificate error.
- Crystal Reports hangs on start up due to certificate error.
- When starting Crystal Reports, it displays the following error message:
"Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports.
- It displays the message: "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"
- Click "No", to be able to use Crystal Reports.
- When starting Crystal Reports, it displays a Start Page with online resources located on a website hosted by SAP.
- The issue is not due to Crystal Reports directly, but on how your network is configured, or MS Internet Explorer is configured.
- You can contact your Netwwork Administrator, or change the MS Internet Explorer configuration, but your company may have it setup a specific way for security reasons, therefore the best way will be to disable the Online Resources. There are 2 ways to disable the Online Resources of the Start Page in Crystal Reports:
- Set the registry key "Show Online Resources" to the value: "No"; OR
- Rename the file start.html and offlinestart.html
- Disable the Start Page Online Resources by setting the registry key "Show Online Resources" to the value: "No"
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Close Crystal Reports.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor.
- In MS Windows, under the "Start" menu, select "Run"
- In the "Run" dialog, type "Regedit"
- For Crystal Reports 2008
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\StartPage
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013 and 2016
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\StartPage
Now, when starting Crystal Reports, the Start Page will no longer display the Online Resources.
- Navigate to the folder corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports used:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\Start Page\en
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013 and 2016:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Start Page\en
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem