When you are trying to create Post Goods Receipt for an Inbound Delivery Notification, system shows an error message.
- Logistics area DEF not valid (DEF refers to Logistics Area ID)
- -----> Usage of logistics area does not match allowed usages
- Save failed
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center
- Navigate to the Purchase Orders View
- Select the relevant Purchase Order
- Click the Post Goods Receipt button
- Select Propose Quantities and select the relevant Target Logistics Area ID
- Select Save and Close
- Error message appears:
- Logistics area KLM not valid (KLM represents the Target Logistics Area ID).
- -----> Usage of logistics area does not match allowed usages.
- Save failed
Further when you click the Value Selector of the Target Logistics Area, a new window opens up. In the new window, select Result Type as "All results" and click the Go button.
You observe the selected Logistics Area in Target Logistics Area is Red in color under Result Type. When you hover your cursor on the red icon, you observe the message "Inventory retrieval or placement is not allowed, constraints not met".
Further, when you hover your cursor on the Red color under Logistics Use, you observe message "The logistics use must be the same logistics use you specified in the corresponding logistics model".
You have set Autonomic Inspection in the relevant Logistics Model, but have not set the Logistics Use "Inspection" in the relevant Logistics Area.
As the Logistics Use of the Logistics Area is at variance with the Logistics Use in the Logistics Model, the system is showing this error and also showing in red color for the Logistics Area in value selection of the Target Logistics Area.
In order to resolve the Issue, please follow the below steps to Maintain Logistics Use in the Logistics Area.
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data Work Center
- Navigate to the Locations View
- Select the relevant Site and then click Edit Layout
- Select the relevant Logistics Area
- Under Logistics Use section, please click Add Row, and then maintain Inspection as Logistics Use
Inventory retrieval or placement is not allowed, constraints not met, The logistics use must be the same logistics use you specified in the corresponding logistics model, Usage of Logistics Area does not match allowed usages, Logistics area not valid , KBA , logistics area not valid , match allowed usages , usage of logistics area does not match , inventory retreival or placement , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem